Margaret Sue Rust Foundation Grant Application Guidelines
- Grants are made ONLY to non-profit organizations which have federal tax-exempt status – 501 (c) 3.
- Funding activities must serve Aransas County.
- The Board of Directors of the Margaret Sue Rust Foundation must approve all grants. The Board meets on a quarterly basis.
- Grants are usually made up to $25,000. Grants normally are not made to projects or organizations for more than one year at the time.
- Grants for operating funds or capital projects must include the percentage of the total operating/capital budget that requested funds represent.
- The GRANT APPLICATION COVER FORM and the original + 4 copies of the grant packet (see requirements below) MUST accompany all requests.
Incomplete applications/packets will be returned for corrections.
Applications for all Grants must Include:
- Grant application Cover Form
- A cover letter with brief summary of the background and purpose of the request for funds*
- List of Board of Directors and executive staff
- Copy of the organization’s most recent financial statement
- Copy of the organization’s most recent filed 990 tax return
- Budget and timetable for the specific project, if applicable
- Contributions of all parties, if the project is a collaborative one
*The cover letter must include the percentage of the total annual operating funds or total capital budget that requested funds represent.
First Time Applicants Should also Include:
- One or two page history of the organization
- Copy of the organization’s 501 (c) 3 letter of determination